Friday, August 23, 2013

Honda, Trek or BMW?

Every day before I head off to work I ask myself, should I take the Honda, the Trek, or the BMW - and some days I take the BMW...
HA! Not really, this particular buffalo, affectionately known as the BMW (buffalo-most-wet?) of this particular muddy pond, would not fit in very well on my commute to the office. In fact I think he would block the whole lane on Long Bien Bridge, and cause a huge traffic jam. Which is why he stays there in that pond outside of Hoi An. 
These two photos are from the top of Marble Mountain, halfway between Hoi An and Danang. Above, looking out to the sea and Cham Islands, over what used to be Hoa's Place, for those in the know. And below, looking north toward Danang with the mountains of Son Tra Peninsula in the background. If you look closely, on the left, you can see the yellow "Dragon Bridge" which recently opened. The head of the dragon, facing to the right here, is equipped to spew water or fire when the dragon feels frisky.

PS Buffaloes get frisky too sometimes!

No comments: