Saturday, April 02, 2011

Bai Dinh - the people

The 'plaza' in front of the largest building at the top of the mountain. It's basically just a big party.

Sadly, I'm not totally up to speed on Vietnamese deities, so I can't really tell you about this guy. But, while it seems he does have to carry around a few things, he did get the prime real estate of the whole place, on the very peak, and the view is amazing.

This is one of several massive bronze bells that were sitting around waiting to be hung somewhere I guess. Something tells me it's not so easy to get a good ring out of a bell like that, I hope they pay the guy well who has that job!


Yes those are drums - for part of the festival they had a procession which was accompanied by some drumming. Sadly, I don't think I can import one of those back to the US, although I'm sure it would look great sitting in the driveway ... maybe I could park my scooter inside it!



No comments: