Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Echoes

A few months without nem chua or ca phê sữa đá, a few months of blog posts without labels like "safari" or "Tay Ninh". That is what is coming up here. I'm in the Hanoi airport, listening to occasional announcements, thinking about all the people who called me up the last few days to say goodbye and happy trails, and the people who (hopefully ... hint hint) will be waiting for me at the airport when I arrive back in the states. Echoes from both ends, both worlds, both pieces of my life which, I always realize this sitting in the airport, seem so far apart. I guess that is part of why I like it here, when I go home everything is fresh. Nostalgic and strangely unchanged, usually, but I appreciate it all more after having been away. Family and friends and law-abiding traffic and camping and road trips ... coming up soon!

No comments: