Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas from Hanoi!

Indeed, maybe I should buy myself a Ford Ranger for Christmas?!? Isn't there something a little more realistic that they can advertise outside the shopping mall?


Oh yes, M&Ms, now that I can relate to. I failed to check, though, if they were genuine Hershey's M&Ms made from PA milk hauled by my former colleagues...

Here is where Santa gets his hot weather clothes. That said, it isn't hot here now, it's actually a wee bit chilly, but something tells me that Santa being from wherever he is from (the BBC says Uzbekistan would be the best location for him but I don't think he takes orders from the BBC) he would not call this weather chilly!

Who is this Bobby?? Somebody tell me, is that like Santa's goofy uncle, who likes purple instead of proper Christmas colors like red and green??

This Santa needs some serious North Beach treatment - how can you be Santa without at least stuffing a pillow under your belt?? I would expect roly-poly to catch on here, everybody is afraid of being too skinny, so shouldn't Santa be even more roly-poly than usual?

This is Santa outside the jazz club, playing the sax quietly under the deafening roar of everybody's motorbike horns. Oh - I got the horn fixed on my motorbike, I can now toot like everybody else. Occasionally that makes me feel better about the traffic, which is really all it does.

2 comments:

D. said...

You do know that Bobby is the brand name for a diaper, right? They're just advertising above the entrance to Trang Tien.

Anh Duoi Ga said...

Learn something every day - diaper brands are sort of outside the sphere of my daily grind!