Sunday, August 13, 2006

Xe toi


I got a motorbike, and a helmet so that I still look funny driving down the street. I have decided that in order to drive safely in Vietnam you must have Buddhist instincts which I don't have, so I got a helmet instead.

It is a blue honda, used indeed. The speedometer and odometer don't work, the mirrors wobble, the end of the handlebar falls out if you pull on it, but so far it usually goes when I want it to, and stops as well.
And so, now that I am mobile, I try to stay in the middle of town as much as possible... It is nice to have West Lake accessible. That's maybe 20 minutes. Having wheels doesn't mean that I want to spend hours at a time on them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice bro. I'll bet it was even cheaper than my pedal variety!

Anonymous said...

Steve laoshi ni hao
starting to read through all your juicy life down there in the beautiful country, preparing for my trip probably early next year when i will have saved enough money hopefully

welcome to my msn space http://fangzimin.spaces.live.com
Emilie