Saturday, July 01, 2006

Remembering Tibet

This is my third post today, trust me this will not become a habit! Just reading the news and saw an article about the opening of the Chinese railway from Qinghai to Tibet. To be specific, Golmud to Lhasa. Three and a half years ago, in January, I was in Tibet. Anybody who has known me that long, has a really good memory and nothing else to remember, may recall that instead of flying out of Lhasa I took a bus. That bus was from Lhasa to Golmud. I read about the railway project then. The BBC has an interesting article about the opening of the railway, as well as some pictures. If you want to read my account of the Lhasa-Golmud bus, which will presumably now be only taken by foolhardy pennypinchers unwilling to pay for the train, click right here on this link and you should be able to read about the entire sordid affair in your warm soft comfortable space. Bon voyage!!

No comments: