Sunday, April 02, 2006

Some other day





So welcome to my new room. This is exciting. I found a room close to the school where I will be studying through a xe om driver who knew some Scottish guy who knew some people who rent rooms ... here I am. I like it, mostly because I know that I don't have to move out in the next week. I have a front porch with a view of flowers and a tiny alley. You can't even drive a taxi to this place because the street is so small. Well, maybe you could if you paid extra, I didn't try that. I have 100 Mbps internet in my room for about 6.60 usd for the month:) And then, to top it all off, I have a PINK REFRIGERATOR (ok, that has not always been a dream of mine, but I am not theologically opposed to it) with a tropical fruit-eating Penguin on the door, which makes loads of sense when you stop and think about it. Umm... yeah... Well, that is my room and so far I like it very much. Other than rustling up a room, I got a bike today. Sort of borrowed it from someone I met who said if I bring it back in a month when I am done I will get my money back. Anyway, after putting some air in the tires I took it for a cruise, then a tire blew out and I got a new one put on, no problems since then. It is good to be mobile, I was riding down by the Saigon River and of course I rode it home tonight. Last night I walked, and got really sore feet, and so a got a bike. See, I really am a logical person. Other than that, oh yeah, why am I here?? My classes start tomorrow morning, so I should have useful stuff to do from here on out!

No comments: