Saturday, May 24, 2003

Lakes

It costs 27$ to take a bus to Laos. Yes that is more expensive than my bus out of Tibet, so hopefully it will be nicer. With a/c, maybe. Not like the one out of Tibet needed A/C, but anyway. That is not for another couple weeks.

Anyway, I was downtown tonight and I poured down rain while I ate dinner and sat in a cafe reading. And on the way home (on my bicycle, oops) I was back to riding and holding an umbrella at the same time. It works ok usually, but tonight, I guess it rained more than usual I don't know, there were like lakes in the streets. There are a lot of lakes in Hanoi, but tonight there was a lot more. When the water came up over my knees, while I was riding bike, I decided to skip trying to hold the umbrella and concentrate on steering and hopefully stopping if it got too much deeper. It didn't get much deeper. Surprisingly, the little headlight on my bike still worked after all that splashing :) Anyway, it was amusing.

No comments: